Monday, April 5, 2010

A productive long weekend!

Well what a very productive long weekend. Good Friday had some shed time with designing Lachlan's layout. After looking through copius tomes of layout design books (thanks Mr Mackie) I decided that he only really needed a simple layout to play on and do his own thing with the scenery. So nothing elaborate. The end result was the usual single oval with two inside sidings. We were able to use the circular track from his Hornby Thomas the Tank Engine starter set, along with some spare curves, straights and a point from my stockpile. We needed a new right hand point so this was added to the shopping list. The dimensions of the baseboard were measured, 1600 x 1200mm would suffice. So this was added to the shopping list. Easter Saturday morning I made a dash across to Hobbyrama to pick up the required point. Then later in the arvo, I ducked up to Bunnings (after the morning madness had subsided!) to get the plywood. A sheet of 2400x1200x12mm CD grade plywood was cut down into 800mm sheets so as to fit into the car. The end result was put together loosely for perspective on Easter Sunday. The photo below shows the layout.







My accomplishment for the weekend was, wait for it..........., I finished the tunnel mouth! HURRAY!! Sunday night I cut down my Scalescenes rock wall paper to fit the balsa wood frame. Monday I did some soot weathering and then sealed the paper. I loosely fitted this into Kensington Hill as can be seen in the photos below. Not bad I think!








Now for the sceniking of the Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment