Bugger all happened this week on the modelling front. However looking for something to take my boys to late Saturday morning I was contemplating visiting my younger brother and maybe head past Hobbyrama when the missus said "Isn't there an open day at the Zillmere mob?" I'll check I said, and sure enough there was an Open Day / Buy and Sell at AMRA Brisbane located at Zillmere. I've never been to AMRA so thought why not. I can phone my brother instead!
On the way over I stopped off at my club, RMCQ, to see if anyone was interested in coming over. The members there said a group had already gone over. So off we went. As we entered the club grounds of AMRA, eagle eyed Lachlan pointed out PK, Bruce, Peter and Rob discussing their purchases. We went and said hello just before they headed off back to RMCQ. I took the boys first to the garden railway as the weather was looking suss. Very interesting with the live steam happening in the bigger scales. Matthew freaked out for some reason at a railmotor and didn't want to be anywhere near it. Lord knows why. Maybe because it looked out of place to him. But it was funny!
I then cruised through the Buy and Sell stalls, picking up a BR OO gauge brake van for $5 and a private oil merchant's tank wagon for $10. I couldn't see anything of value for HO NSWGR.
We then paid the 'gold coin donation' entry fee to have a gander in the club room and at the layout. It was okay but nothing that I would say as being flash. Hopefully RMCQ's will be better.
Nothing else happened over the weekend. Unsure what this week will bring. Let's hope some modelling!
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment