This week I was able to wire up KH-2 (two aspect on goods yard siding) to the MRC decoder. Then on Saturday I was able to wire up KH-1 (two aspect with feather at station turnout) to the MRC. I then tested them. KH-2 started to flash alternately, which was the immediate sign that I must have programmed the decoder output some time ago to do this, so I was then able to program on the Main the appropriate CV to change it to latching mode. This worked but then whole decoder board then reset/power cycled and then all connections turned off. Odd. Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be or not, but nothing that I can't live with for the moment.
On the lighting side of things, I still have to wire up the station and street lights. Then once I have made the signal box, I will put a LED in it as well. The goods yard lights will then follow.
I had an email last night from MB Klein (www.modeltrainstuff.com) to write a review of the MRC 4 output decoder. As I am now in full swing using these little beauties, I thought why not. So you can see this at http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/MRC-HO-1628-DCC-Accessory-Decoder-4-Outputs-p/mrc-1628.htm
Nothing happened on Sunday as it was spent at a playgroup Christmas Party which went on for most of the day.
This week I am hoping that I can wire up the station and street lights. If not these, maybe start building the signal box. I might even think of entering this in the club Christmas Modelling Competition if I think it is worthy (cue Wayne's World 'We're not worthy' skit!).
I also ordered from Amazon a book "Airbrushing for Railway Modellers" by George Dent as I am interested in learning more about this side of the hobby and I think George does some fine work from what I have seen. If you are interested, a sampler can be found at http://www.crowood.com/details.asp?isbn=9781847972651&t=Airbrushing-for-Railway-Modellers but a better price was found at Amazon.
Let's see what happens this week modelling-wise. I might be able to take a small video of the signals if I get a chance and upload next weekend.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment