Busy week as expected but not with modelling. Finally got to the shed Saturday afternoon with the boys in tow. Time to slice those grass tufts off from the oven tray and use them somewhere. Couldn't identify an immediate need on Illavearf however Beaver Springs' village pond was beckoning. With PVA glue bottle in hand, blobs were put around the edge of the pond, then the tufts placed on the blobs. I've been contemplating what to do with the breaking the plain blue of the backscene with something against the backboard. I had some 3mm MDF so after doing some measurements it was over to the bandsaw to cut the angle for a retaining wall for a 'virtual road' behind the village. I will put some brick paper on this, and then affix into place. I also printed out the bases of the terrace houses and corner shops paper plans to see if these would fit in the space remaining once the retaining wall was in place. Seemed to work OK and maybe able to not only do some 'flats' but have some shops and a pub as well!
I might even enter this structure into the club modelling competition in December if it scrubs up OK.
Sunday arrived and after a busy morning out followed by mowing the jungle of grass in the yard, I was just about to go for a nap when my Dad rocked up unannounced. The boys were excited and Lachlan wanted to show him how his layout was going. So off to the shed we went after arvo tea. dad was impressed with the progress of Beaver Springs. After he left I thought I might investigate why 4494 wasn't responding last week. Connecting up the PowerCab to the programming track I did a few things which didn't work. I then looked at CV29 again. I reset the values in there and the thing worked. No idea why it was not registering '4494' as the long address in the first place, but it became alive again once this was sorted out. It then did some laps around Illavearf.
That's it for the week that was. As for this week, not sure. Might start looking at the terrace houses a bit closer.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment