Spare time this week was spent re-reading the technical bulletins for the MERG CBUS modules in an attempt to try and get to the bottom of the problems. A fellow MERG member who lives locally (at least in Brisbane!) gave me some suggestions, which in the end didn't fix the problem. Come Friday I issued a post to the MERG CBUS Yahoo Group to see if a wider audience could nut it out. Many useful replies which furthered my education in these modules but still not working as they should. Hmmm. So last night I installed the USB driver for the CANUSB module and the FLIM Configuration Utility to see if the modules were 'seen' by the FCU on the laptop. The laptop could see the USB but nothing past this point. Hmmmm. Maybe another fault, or something actually wrong with the CBUS itself (wiring, ICs, etc?). So I will have to go back to the Group with this info and see if any bright sparks can get to the bottom of it!
The only thing I did on Illavearf was to 'formalise' the jury-rigged ammeter to a permanent location. I also took the opportunity to co-locate the short warning light.
This week hopefully some useful suggestions back re the MERG modules will get this sorted out, as well as I might be able to get back to the internal lighting of the terraces.
This Week's Review
1 week ago


No comments:
Post a Comment