Monday, August 20, 2012

To much Pi is no good for the modelling

This week I didn't get around to anything I thought I was going to as I was very much distracted by the Raspberry Pi computer. I've been tinkering with JMRI as well as trying to get the little computer to become a WiFi access point to allow Smartphone connectivity with Engine Driver. While my mate PK is off to the US of A on a railroading holiday he has lent me his wireless dongle to muck around with. I think I am getting closer but it would appear as though there are many ways to skin a cat (never done it myself mind you!) to get the wifi configured so it will eventually come together (I hope).

I did make a query on the MERG CBUS Yahoo forum about IR detectors and connectivity to one of their modules. WOW didn't that start a thread and a half! All good information but started to get heavy on the electronics lingo and I started to glaze over:-)

I took delivery of my Eureka NSWGR BSVs (bogie sheep vans) last week. They do look good but I haven't had a chance to try them out over the weekend on track as the family was busy and I was doing some house maintenance, so no 'shed time' :-(

Let's see what distracts me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment