Other than that this week saw the arrival of the MERG kit that I will be converting to a servo controller, as well as the 10 servos from China. These are of the SG90 micro servo type. Today I went to Hobbyrama to get a length of 1/32 dia spring steel (piano) wire that I will use to actuate the Ratio semaphore from the MERG/servo unit. While I was there I couldn't go past purchasing a bottle of Tamiya Clear Red (for painting over LEDs for red lighting) and two Dapol kits. One was the Platelayers and Coal Offices which will hopefully complete the Kensington Hills Yard buildings, and a set of Shops which should place well in the space to the left of the Terraces at Kensington Hills.
So this week I aim to complete (or partially depending on time!) the Kensington Hills Yard livestock platform. If I get a chance also some research into Staging/Fiddle Yards designs that we could possible use on the Club's HO layout.
![]() |
| Goods Platform placed at intended position |
![]() |
| Not too shabby! |
![]() |
| Close up of brickwork |
![]() |
| The square area behind the left buffer is the location for the stock platform |
![]() |
| Terraces in position |
![]() |
| Birds-eye view of Terraces. Shop will hopefully go to the left. Bus stop to the right. |







No comments:
Post a Comment