Sunday, February 17, 2013

Semaphore done..Now to automate

This week I was only able to finalise the semaphore. This entailed mostly painting in the wires. Today I bodgied up a jig from some ply offcuts for putting the semaphore in as well as holding the servo to automate the arm.

Below are the photos promised in the last post as well as what has been done this week.

This week I will probably only be doing the automation. Instead of the MERG module to automate, I might bung up on the breadboard a servo controller articulated in the latest MERG newsletter to see how it goes. If it doesn't the MERG module will be Plan B!


LED wires superglued along the post



Wires leaving the post and into the base hole


View of the wires in the base hole.
I could have used a smaller diameter drill in hindsight.


Close up view of the 'orange' LED from the front


View from the front. Note the red ball at top


View from the rear, wires just visible



View from read side.
Sorry the original is portrait but no idea why this
isn't!

 

Semaphore in temporary jig

Straight on view of servo in jig

Elevated view of servo in jig


 

 
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment