So this week I was able to progress with the Dapol shop. I'm taking my time with this as I will be modifying the basic kit to accomodate the usual lighting. I also have to put in a floor to separate the upstairs and downstairs for the lighting I intend to put in. This is the first kit in about 30 years (since I was a young teenager) that I have done by painting on the sprue before putting it together as there are a few detailed features that need to be painted separately. I will also put it on a base that fits in with the general features of the nearby buildings. I will also use some curtains from a Scalescenes kit to spruce up the rather bland 'out of the box' features of the windows. I am having fun putting this rather simple structure together to make it look just right.
This week will be continuing with the Shop I think as I am just not in the right frame of mind to stuff around with the Pi and its integration with JMRI, NCE and MERG. All in good time!
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment