Sorry I missed updating the blog last week. Busy with the Pi.
Yes I think I am just about ready to release my instructions. I will be attempting another run through of the instructions, and might even see if anyone on the forums is prepared to do a run through as well. I am pretty happy with what I have done so far. There is a bit of discussion on this topic on the JMRI forum, but I guess there is more than one solution to the problem, so maybe mine will be just another one to be considered?
On the weekend of the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend in Queensland (and most of Oz except for WA) my club, RMCQ, celebrated our 40th anniversary. Go along to www.rmcq.org.au and click on the 40th Anniversary link. I also took possession of some newzed (newly used) railmotors that my mate PK was wanting to offload. Both NSWGR. First there was the CPH/CTH railmotor in green and cream livery. The second was a 620/720 railmotor in reverse Tuscan red. Both with DCC, sound and weathered. Very good, hardly used, and the price was great!
While I have been concentrating on the Pi, my hobby desk had been progressively getting buried with junk that I had just thrown there for later filing, storing, etc. The long weekend had been mostly wet, so I took the opportunity to do a big clean up of the study/hobby room so now I can actually use the hobby desk to start modelling again. The Club Xmas Modelling Competition is on in December which isn't that far away in the scheme of things!
So this week I will concentrate on the Pi and JMRI setup howto run through and iron out any issues as I would like to finalise this sometime soon.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment