Go on over to 'Articles that I have written' and click on the Raspberry Pi and JMRI document. I have recently updated it to reflect some recent changes, namely Appendix 5 - How to add a DecoderPro icon to the desktop, and Appendix 6 - Setting up Pi to Auto Login and Autostart an applicatio, e.g. DecoderPro.
The last one is specifically related to the situation whereby you have developed JMRI panels for a layout and wish to broadcast them via the WebServer. By default the Webserver cannot broadcast Panel files if JMRI is running in 'faceless' mode, only if the GUI is running. So basically you have to fire up JMRI as if there was a monitor attached, and autostart everything. My scenario is that the Pi will be connected to the layout without a monitor, keyboard and mouse unless I need to. I want it to start up, login automatically, start up the Desktop, then autostart JMRI. Within JMRI I have configured it to autostart WiThrottle at the moment. In the future once I have developed the panels, I want JMRI to also autostart the Webserver and load the panel file/s. This way I can have mimic panels broadcast to an Android tablet or similar, and do away with hard wiring them in.
The only other thing I have been doing is mentoring Lachlan with his club modelling competition entry (Dapol's Stephenson's Rocket - fingers crossed!) and starting on my entry (NSWGR S wagon). No further work on the layout.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment