Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April 2017 update

Over the last month or so the gas depot has come along nicely. I just have to add some finishing touches like a side fence/gate to the office shed, some workers, gas cylinders, and weeds/errant grass. Then spray the lot with dull coat.

 
Depot pipe work. This had to be remodelled to fit the base board as the 'kit' setup didn't fit correctly. I added rust runs from the service platforms to the tank sides. For the yellow safety lines (and white parking lot lines below) I used Posca arcylic paint pens, available from Officeworks, art shops, etc. The tarmac is a Scalescene paper. The baseboard is 4-5mm black foamboard.


Outbuilding door rust washed.

Siding loading/unloading platform and pipework upper left and main pump house. I added the side pipework to the pump house and siding platform. Pump house roof and siding platform rust washed.

Office Shed - parking lot side. Rust washed. The plan is that an access road will come up to the edge after placement on the layout.

Office Shed - depot side. Roof and sides rust washed.

Outbuilding with my weathering efforts trying to mimic water damage to the timber. Roof lightly rust washed to give the impression of surface rust.

Aerial view of gas tank service platforms and my addition of the checkerplate walk way at ground level. Platforms and filler caps microbrushed with the rust wash I have been using.

Siding side of depot.

Office Shed - depot side

Aerial view. Have to work out how to hide the edge between the two parts.
 A surrounding fence would be great but as this is going on a club layout I will not add the fence to the aisle side of the diorama as this has the potential of getting caught in clothing, knocked about, etc. We might add one 'inboard' to the layout that also surrounds the future fuel depot which will be on the opposite side of the sidings.


On another note, the local hobby shop at North Lakes that I mentioned in January is no more. I drove past it on Saturday on the way to a BBQ and noticed the 'For Lease' signs. Thinking the owner may have gone back to being just an online store from where he started the business, I checked the web address and it isn't showing up either. Gonsky!

No comments:

Post a Comment