Monday, November 9, 2009

Weathering powders and signals arrived

My Eckon OO gauge signal kits (four of them) arrived last week (or was it the previous week?) from the UK. So I have to put these together and work out the best way to activate them on the layout. I have also been waiting for a loco weathering kit from DCC Concepts. It arrived through the week, but it was the wrong kit. Richard Johnson took it on the chin and is sending over the missing rust oxides at no cost to me. These kits seam to be much better value for money than say the little Tamiya kits. So once the rust oxides arrive I can start weathering 4464 for presentation at the club Christmas party competition. This weekend I am heading over to Craig Mackie's place for a looksie and hopefully have 4464 do a lap or two. I might even bring along my CFCLA EL51 for a jaunt! If I get any spare time of an evening this week, I will attempt to get 42207 converted so it too can come for a trip to the southside of Bris Vegas. Unfortunately I got no spare time last wekend to spend in the shed as I was getting the yard and garden in shape so that I can go to Craig's place next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment