42207 wired up
Sorry I didn't have an update for last week as nothing happened. This week I was able to finally get the sound decoder wired into my Lima 422 class, number 42207. This was basically a cumulative effort of small portions of time throughout the week. Sunday morning I was finally able to get to the layout and test the decoder. I obviously stuffed up something in setting up the decoder ID from the factory default of 03 as only the background sound was coming out of the speaker. After much ginning around and not getting anywhere, I reset the decoder to the factory defaults and started again. This time things worked correctly. Forwards, backwards, lights, horn (CV changed to reflect 5 chime horn). I still have to fine tune the CVs. Now I have to try and fit everything into the body (there seems to be a lot of wire leads!), fine tune the CVs, and take it for a spin around Illavearf. Throughout this project I have also been taking notes and photos to write another article. I will have to massage the notes and photos into an article before I forget to much before the end of the year. Once this is done, I will have to get my @rse into gear to weather 4469 for the club modelling competition which is only a matter of weeks away now.
No comments:
Post a Comment