Monday, July 12, 2010

Club, mountain tunnel and rats

It was the club monthly meeting on Staurday so I took Lachlan along. I also took along my new NOFF wagons for a spin as I hadn't even taken them out of the packing until then. So after the meeting was finished, I coupled up the six NOFFs behind my Class 44. They ran very smoothly. I was impressed (as were a few others at the club apparently). Probably some loads would weight them a bit better as well, so I have to come up with some different loads (minerals, pipes, spoil, timber, etc).
Sunday morning I spent some time in the shed pondering Lachlan's layout. Before I knew it I had glued the tunnel portals to the mountain frame and started to cut up polystyrene foam ribs to form the mountain shape. Just a couple more to go and we can start the plastering.
And the icing on the cake was discovering that the rat or rats are back and they seem to have a taste for the baits!
This week I am hoping to get back to the EL class decoder install with a Wednesday morning visit to the club, sans children (hurrah!). Fingers crossed I can get a bit of work done on this project over the three or so hours that I will hopefully get.

No comments:

Post a Comment