Well this week the postie was kept busy with deliveries from all over Oz. I received my fibre optics from Gwyder, my new NOFF 6-pack from Trainorama, as well as a delivery from an Ebay seller. I was successful in winning a few auctions of OO gauge BR and GWR freight wagons earlier in the week. Having a look at them they appear not to have had much use. So a great buy in padding out the British outline fleet for Illavearf. Saturday morning I went shopping with Lachlan for presents for my birthday this week. Still focusing on Illavearf, I selected OO gauge tractor, landrover (without the roof), and a delivery truck from the Oxford and Scaledale ranges for the boys to give me. I also spent some time on Lachlan's layout getting a mountain and tunnel prepared. I finally got round to vacuuming up the rat poo yesterday, so I will check if any new droppings appear to determine if the rats are gone or just casually visiting the shed!
The family and my dad had a trip on the Steam Train Sunday train yesterday. Perfect day for it. Out to Pinkenba and back to Roma Street. It was the baby's first ride. He enjoyed it and eventually fell asleep with the rocking motion. Dad also nodded off. The distinct 'smell of nostalgia' as I call the soot was great. Dad however described it as the 'smell of bad memories' from years spent commuting on steam and diesels in Brisbane before electrification.
I haven't gotten back to the EL loco as I have been waiting on the fibre optics to arrive, and the baby has been unsettled most evenings with my arms being a great cradle! Sometime soon! I was hoping to have to finished for the Club meeting this weekend but I am dubious this will occur. Oh well, until next time.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment