Monday, August 16, 2010

Hoo-bloody-ray! Success with a Select

My main focus this week was to get the 44 Class Select decoder installed to at least the motor control stage to ensure wiring correctness. This was achieved late Friday night and successfully tested at the club on Saturday arvo. It was apparent very early that the Trainorama supplied speakers were tinny at the default decoder volume, so I had to adjust the overall volume to remove most of the tinniness. Unsure whether this is a characteristic for all of these manufacturer supplied speakers or only if a quality decoder such as the Select is installed. If I get feedback advising that the speakers should be exchanged, then I may have to look into swapping them out for Loksound speakers. I didn't connect up the lights at this point. So it looks like I will have to fiddle around with the sound CVs to get something that is fairly reasonable. My task this week will be to connect up the lights. I have been taking notes and photos as I go so that I can write up a How-To. Stay tuned for this to be published soon.

No further word yet from MRRC on the EL class decoder that I sent away.

On Lachlan's layout we did some more scenicing but didn't get too far into it. Illavearf once again missed out on my attention to it this weekend as I HAD to get some yard and house jobs done on Sunday.

I read my mate Mr Mackie's blog last night and he seems to have lost his mojo (motivation). Hopefully the comment I left perks him up?

Well finally a few positive things to write about this week.

1 comment:

  1. Mojo lost all round - can't even get steam up to do the club newsletter. Sand on rails and still slipping!

    ReplyDelete