Monday, August 30, 2010

Traction at last on Illavearf

I was fortunate on Sunday to finally get some traction (pardon the pun) on Illavearf after many months in limbo. I tackled Kensington Hill's scenery by scattering my ant dirt (see article written ages ago) over the brown painted hill. Left for a bit to dry and repeated it. Green scatter was next, followed by some lighter green with various 'flowers' colours for contrast as I am trying to model a Spring scene. Some dark green lichen followed around one of the edges of the backboard to break the rather harsh ground-sky horizon and to suggest bracken hedges around the farm that is to go up on the hill. I will continue this idea around the other two sides of the hill during the week. Also two lichen 'rock climbing bushes' placed either side of the tunnel to break up the rock scene. Still a way to go but finally looking as though something is happening. Some photos of the Hill.




I still have to place the railside fencing, farm track, road, farm house (if I decide to put one in), trees and sheep in.

On Lachlan's layout, I was able to spend about an hour or so on Saturday getting the supports in for the plastering of the mountain-tunnel. I was intending to do the plastering on Sunday but I was selfish and decided to undertake the above work on Illavearf.

No word from Marcus over the weekend so I think I will go ahead and get the LEDs from DCC Concepts anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment