Since the last blog entry I have been fairly busy but have still had some time to spend both on my layout and my son's layout. Kensington Hill on Illavearf is progressing with the scenery. I am pottering around with a Noch static grass machine to see what it can do. I think I have to do some more practicing as some of the grass isn't great. At nights I have been progressing with the construction of the station building. Still a way off yet. Then it will be the platform before anything else. Have to have somewhere for the trains to stop! If I get a chance this weekend, I will take some updated photos of Illavearf.
Now for the reason behind the blog title. Lachlan's layout is starting to take shape. The mountain/tunnel looks pretty good and it is yet to be sceniced. I have an order from MB Klein coming in from the States with a stack of Bachmann building kits that apparently are click fit, so I am hoping that Lachlan will be able to build these with a little help from Dad so that he gets a sense of satisfaction from building something himself. As such his layout has reached a point that I think I will write about it away from my Musings page which I am keeping for Illavearf and general musings. I came up with some names for the layout; Twin Peaks, Bear Lake, Beaver Lake, Bear Springs and Beaver Springs. Lachlan liked the last one and so the layout has been named. I have made a new blog, beaver-springs.blogspot.com, which has a link off from my 'Links of Interest'. So in due course I will upload some photos of his layout and blog about his layout from this site.
I am a tad peeved with MRRC as no word for two weeks now. I sent another email chasing them up. Then there is DCC Concepts. I am waiting on some LEDs from Richard, but still nothing. A chase up email has been sent without reply.
Well Saturday arvo is the AFL Grand Final, so more then likely I will be planted in front of the TV drinking beer, eating munchies, and barracking for St Kilda. Why the Saints? Well my team the Lions didn't perform well this year and as Collingwood is the other GF team I am in the ABC camp (Anyone But Collingwood!). So maybe Sunday will see some shed time, hopefully on both layouts.
GO THE SAINTS!
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment