Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Fathers' Day to all

Well my Fathers' Day weekend was fairly reasonable. I was able to continue with the scenery on Kensington Hill by planting some trees of different heights, try some Noch Wildgras for looks, and fix up a few small things.

An hour or so on Sunday morning I spent with Lachlan on starting the plastering of the mountain on his layout before cleaning up and heading off to the in-laws for lunch and a few drinkies!

More plastering will need to be done over the 'chux' foundations of the mountain on Lachlan's layout (still yet to come up with a suitable Alaskan oriented name).

Through the week I emailed DCC Concepts to order the LEDs for the 44 Class. I am still to hear from Richard about the order.

I also contacted MRRC about the EL Class Select decoder again. Gary advised that apparently ESU's distributor in the States was changing hands and he had to try contacting the new mob. Bodes well for a timely resolution!!

I also ordered some fencing and other items from Scalerail in the UK to improve the scenery on the Kensington Hill side of Illavearf. I will have to start scratchbuilding the station and platform so that the rest of the environs can be planned once the remaining 'real estate' is known. I know I have to also sort out a cattle/sheep loading yard and goods shed on the sidings. Well until next time, I hope all the Dad's had a nice day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment