Saturday, January 15, 2011

Some unexpected time off was productive

Well this week the people of South East Queensland suffered a tragedy of immense proportions when torrents of water swept down the valleys and over the spillways of the dams. I was fortunate not to have suffered directly but indirectly the flood waters rose and the the Brisbane CBD was evacuated. I and many other employees were told to stay at home until the all clear has been given to return to the city. So with some unexpected time up my sleeve this week I was able to spend some time on Illavearf during the day and fixing my NSWGR 44 Class loco 4494.

I paved the road past Kensington Hill Station, gravelled the Station forecourt and footpath to the ramp, and started planning the Station fencing. Photos to follow once I am happy with the outcome.

I was also pleased to finally complete the LED installations in 4494 as per Marcus Amman's instructions and one or two ideas of my own that I will put together in a How To of my own. I test ran 4494 on Illavearf today and everything went well.

Today I also cleaned the rails for a much long overdue running of some of my DCC locos that have been neglected due to the construction on the layout.

The only problem in the shed at the moment is mildew. With the damp weather that we have had for the last few weeks (or has it been months!?!), mildew is starting to grow on some of the vertical surfaces of the layouts as well as my storage box. The stuff seems to love MDF! I will have to invest in some Exit Mold to get rid of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment