Monday, April 25, 2011

Extra Looonnngggg Weekend and still no trains!

Well this extra long weekend (thanks to Easter and Anzac Day converging) has been spent on a number of things but none of which includes trains. Thursday I received a phone call that my new garden shed had arrived at the hardware store. I would pick it up Saturday. So Friday was spent pulling the old one down and taking it to the tip. The reason for the new shed was that the base had rusted out in the old shed. Saturday was my youngest's second birthday so a family BBQ was the order of the day! Sunday was a day trip up around the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Monday was spent mowing and sorting out some house repairs. So that leaves Tuesday. Not sure what this will bring but definately not putting up a new shed as a lot of repair and preparation work needs to be done before that will occur.

However I did get some time earlier in the week to investigate the control panel LED problem. Might be the resistors are to high in value. I was fortunate enough late Saturday afternoon after the family BBQ to be able to duck into Jaycar and pick up some 300 ohm resistors to try out. Hopefully I will get time this week to test this theory out.

Coming up this weekend is the Brisbane Model Train Show so hopefully I will be able to get to it on Saturday.

I also read that Mr Mackie was able to sort out the spycam date/time issue we were having by applying a fix found by our mate PK. I will have to try this out sometime when I get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment