Monday, August 22, 2011

What a week!

During the week that was we had a public holiday for the annual Brisbane Exhibition (Ekka) on Wednesday. I made the most of this day off by starting with going to the club early (~0700) to get stuck into finishing the signal kits that I wanted to make for the Kensington Hill side of Illavearf. I did this and they came up very well. Just the identification numbers to add and then I can install them. Later on the morning I spent some time with Lachlan on his layout doing more grass work.

Saturday was the annual RMCQ model train and hobbies show. I took Lachlan down to have a look and help out if needed. Some very nice layouts, some new and some revisiting, were there. I particularly liked Moelfryn which is a superb OO9 scale layout of a Welsh narrow gauge railway.










PK took a video which can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghzApmw0rFQ

Also there was Princetown, a OO scale GWR line.






Finally of particular note was Splitters Swamp Creek. A layout under construction by Geoff, a friend of Mr Mackie's, who is modelling a NSWGR based branchline. Geoff impressed me greatly with the fine hand made track. I look forward to seeing more of the layout as it progresses.






The club had a great show, with patron numbers up from last year. All involved, especially John Kennedy and Janelle Dilger should be congratulated on organising a great show and canteen again for 2011.

Finally on Sunday afternoon after returning from a day trip up to the Sunshine Coast I found some time to continue with Lachlan's layout and added some static grass.

If I get a chance through the week to go and take some photos I will upload to Beaver Springs.

Phew, what a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment