The week started with me starting one of the Eckon two aspect with junction feather kits I got for my birthday. I got most of it done in about an hour and a half, but didn't quite get to finishing it. So this week finish off placing the feather on the signal head and then do the small amount of painting required on the phone box and phone indicator.
This weekend I also got to the shed to finish off some more grassing of Lachlan's layout and pull out the turnout that wasn't working (Lachlan would say "destroyed". He tends to exaggerate a tad!) After pulling it out and testing it it looked fine. Lord knows? I will reinstall it and retest. I also had Lachlan redo some ground work to a darker brown paint so that we can start looking at placing the church in its location sometime in the next few weeks after doing the grass and paving.
Wednesday is a public holiday in Brisbane for the Ekka Show so I might have the opportunity of ducking down to the club for a few hours in the morning. If that doesn't pan out, maybe some shed time. The weekend coming up is the club's annual show so I might not have much time to do anything at home modelling-wise over the weekend but we will see. I will only be able to get out probably Saturday arvo to give a hand.
I also received my complimentary copy of the August edition of Continental Modeller with my article in it. It came up pretty good.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment