Sunday, January 22, 2012

NCE USB interface card tested OK

The only thing I got to this week was to connect up my laptop this morning to the USB card. After a couple of minor WTFs I worked out a change in baud rate (9600 to 19200) was required in the software. As the USB has a jumper to hardwire this setting, this was positioned. Similarly the SB3a wasn't being picked up correctly. I realised it was possibly to do with the version of SB3a I have. I had what I thought jumpered it correctly but obviously the doco was less than correct! Once the correct jumper was there Decoder Pro recognised everything. Hooray!

Then the next thing to try was my Android phone's Engine Driver app. A couple of preference settings later on Decoder Pro and we had a wireless handset! Bloody amazing this technological stuff! I was able to do a train movement but ran into problems when trying to activate any accessory decoders from the phone. Not sure exactly why but once I had triggered a point motor via the Decoder Pro, the handset then was able to do likewise. Either a software glitch or Decoder Pro 'learning' the layout first. More reading to do on that one.

This week not sure what I am going to do. Might do something different like one of those Silvermaz NSWGR wagon kits or some scenicing on the layout. I have Club Exec meeting on Wednesday night and possibly a running session Saturday arvo at Mr Mackie's but I am still tentative on that one at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment