Tuesday was the day trip to Mr Mackie's place for an arvo of NSWGR running session. I was North Coast Control for the first time and didn't mind it. Hopefully I got the trains to their right locations?
Wednesday was club day. The gods smiled on me as the boys were invited to a birthday party at the last minute so I was dropped off to the club by the missus enroute to the birthday party. I had a couple of productive hours at the club discussing the new HO layout with the Coordinator and fellow club members.
Sunday (New Years Day) we went to the Thomas and his Friends 2012 show at the Ipswich Workshops museum. It was the day to go as the weather was perfect (no humidity or high temperatures) and there wasn't many people there.
I didn't get around to installing the MRC and DS64 decoders, or the USB port this week due to other things getting in the way. As part of the deal with the missus in undertaking the club VP position, I have to clean up the shed. I started this on Friday and cleaned out the big, heavy stuff to take to the dump. The cleaning continued today and lasted all day. Wow what a lot of crap I've collected (pack rat!) over the last 13 years. I have also started cleaning up Illavearf's BMPD side as this has gone a tad feral with stuff to build the KH side. I might now be able to take a train for a spin around the layout!
I did however finish the signal box and put a name board on the front of it. I just have to install it and wire it up to the MRC accessory decoder for the LED to turn on. The street lighting might then get a guernsey as well.
Once again, lets see how this week goes. I still have two weeks of leave to go.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment