Monday, March 12, 2012

Ever so small bit of work this week

As expected this week was busy with non-modelling evening work. Late Saturday morning I popped into Horizon Hobbies to see what was on sale, but couldn't see anything I could afford.  Saturday arvo was Club Day so got down there to discuss the HO layout a bit further (I was a tad late in on this one), had the Monthly Meeting, took a visitor and his son on a tour of the club after the meeting, Lachlan took his N scale train for a spin, and I had a general chit chat.  Late Sunday morning Son # 1 was invited over to his friends' place for a play date. Fortunately their Dad is also a train modeller, so we adjourned to his train room for a bit of a talk while the boys ran riot outside. Late Sunday arvo I was able to think a bit more about the retaining wall on the KH side of the layout. I've decided not to have a tunnel mouth but infer a road bridge above the track. So I cut down some strips of 3mm MDF to use as the backing for the retaining walls and will glue the Scalescenes rubble wall sheet to these in due course. Not sure again about this week as once again busy in the evenings with other things. Maybe later in the week or the weekend.

At the moment I am doing some research into the NSWGR layout (exhibition or permanent - not sure yet) that I am planning for in the future once Illavearf is finished and I know where we will be living for the next 20 years or more (possible move being considered at present). I've done a fair bit of lef work on the Molong to Dubbo and onto Narromine and Peak Hill lines but need to research station types in the area. Mr Mackie will be loaning his plan book to me (thanks!). If at the end the information is still not really there, I may have to undertake 'modellers licence' and decide on a particular type. As parts of this line are no longer active this might be the way forward, or I base the layout on the route and station location plans but modify the location name to get away from the purists! Keeps me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment