During the week there was no modelling due to the aforementioned busy evenings but the weekend was another story. After the usual Saturday morning running around between shops (not model shops mind you!) so that the missus could use my Mastercard, the afternoon arrived as did the wet weather. After a little nap with son #2 after lunch we adjourned to the Shed as the yard was too wet to do anything and the odd skudding shower making things even more wet. I glued up the remaining 3mm MDF retaining walls around the skyboard on the Kensington Hill side and added the rubble wall paper sheeting from Scalescenes. A quick spray of Dullcote finished the day's modelling. Sunday arrived and with it a phone call from a mate who we were going to catch up with over BBQ lunch. The lunch was off due to illness in his family. This freed up the afternoon to do something else. With windy showers scooting through there was only one thing for it and that was to take the boys to, you guessed it, The Shed!
I spent about an hour with Lachlan on his layout. He had scrounged some old buildings that were being thrown out at the Club. I had soaked these in a bucket of water a few weeks ago to separate them from the chipboard they had been glued on. One of the buildings was an old style American hardware store with a loading deck. We cleaned it up and looked around where it could be placed. Near the small siding would be perfect. So I scraped out the grass to add a road to the loading ramp which also went alongside the siding. I then glued the building into place. Doesn't look to bad! I then did some minor repairs about his layout.
I then spent the remaining time in the afternoon putting the capstones onto the retaining walls, spraying Dullcote, painting the wall end edge black, as well as painting the internal edges of the rail overpass black. Looking good! It certainly breaks the monotony of the sky blue backboard. If I get a chance this week I'll take a photo or two to show what's been going on.
I even had twenty minutes to take my Class 47 for spin to keep everything working.
Oops forgot to mention that although there was no modelling through the week, I have been researching NSWGR station buildings, collating the Club's modelling competition survey results, and getting ready to run another survey on the HO layout's suggested features.
So this week isn't looking that busy (except for Wednesday night), so I might be able to continue with the terrace houses which have been sidelined for the last two weeks.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment