Sunday, April 15, 2012

Backboard scene not quite finished

Saturday arrived and with it iffy weather. The missus had taken the car for a few hours which clashed with the Club meetings. So between showers the boys and I got to the club via our treadlies. I replaced the brakes on mine through the week and this made a vast improvement to my stopping ability with the extra weight of the trailer and Matthew on the back. Lachlan did well riding the distance which is a few kilometres one way. The Club was a hive of activity on Saturday but we had a couple of productive meetings, afternoon tea and a general chit chat before making the return trip, once again between showers. After getting home I spent about an hour in the shed. I also took the monumental step in painting the trunks of trees behind the retaining wall via brush this time. The idea here being an 'avenue' of trees to break the distant scene I painted over Easter with the foreground scene of the retaining wall. Sunday afternoon I painted the foliage. Taking a step back probably not quite to scale (first attempt and all) but hey trees grow to all sizes! I removed the masking tape and newspaper protecting the retaining wall from any stray paint drops and found I will have to do some touchups on areas not quite flush with the top of the wall.

On the subject of painting, re the compressor drain outlet problem mentioned last post, it took me four visits to various Supercheap stores to find any in stock. I am hoping this isn't a sign that this part commonly requires replacing! I replaced this today and pumped up the compressor, no leaks and no shearing off of the valve (this time anyway!).

This week is shaping up to be pretty busy most evenings but I might be able to spend a bit of time on the terrace houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment