I was able to get to the terrace houses and get the front walls ready to the point of covering them with their external paper and glue in position this week. I ran out of time to start on the MERG CBUS kits. Maybe this week. Also this week the HO scale bank for Lachlan's layout arrived. I thought this was going to be a smallish kit but as it turned out it was a rather large pre-built building! We spent some time Saturday afternoon making room for it (the shop had to be moved) and scraping out the grass that was present. The building had a light in it so I had to ran soe additional wiring between it and the 16VAC accessory power of the transformer. Lachlan was impressed as he has been wanting some lights on his layout and this is a start. Today he laid the 'bituman' down for the side and rear access road. Not bad. He has been watching and learning! Tuesday I was home as I was getting solar power installed so I spent some time laying the dirt/gravel in the Kensington Hill goods yard.
I note that my friend Mr Mackie had a great day today on a ARHS NSWGR 620/720 railmotor which was up Brissie way and was doing a day trip down to Kyogle and back to Roma St, out to Fisherman Island and back today. I would have loved to have taken the boys out but maybe when they are a few years older and can handle the trip. Either that or they will be 'too old for that' and I can go by myself and the other enthusiasts!
I also had my eye on a pack of NSWGR wagons from Austrains. I decided to wait until after the weekend where I was keeping a watch on some wagons on Ebay. Most of these went dearer than what I intend to buy them for, so my mind is now mind up. They are some idiot bidders on Ebay!
This week I am hoping to start one of the MERG kits as I have brought the soldering iron and bits and bobs in from the shed to the study/hobby room. Also I might be able to continue with the terrace houses. Slowly chipping away at it!
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment