Nothing really eventful this week on the modelling front. My three-pack of Eureka Models NSWGR BCWs (bogie cattle wagons) - 3 letter code arrived during the week, courtesy of Mr Mackie. They look mighty fine. Can't wait to see what the BSVs (bogie sheep vans) look like. I'm getting 2 x 3-packs of these, so six altogether. For a bit of variety I am contemplating buying a combo pack of NSWGR 4 wheel 3 x CWs (covered wagon) and 1 x PV (powder van) from Austrains. Just looking at the finances at the moment, but might be able to swing it as a birthday present (any excuse!).
I hadn't received my MERG order as of the end of week, so I made an enquiry with the store to better my understanding of their order fulfillment procedure. Apparently filled the day I ordered and should take 5-10 days to get to Oz. So probably this week hopefully.
I read Hornby magazine and had finally caught up to March's edition (I am usually at least 2 months behind by the time it gets to Oz) and read with interest an article on Market Weighton. This station is one of the major junctions in the area that I am interested in doing something on specifically on Pocklington station which is rust down the tracks from Market Weighton.
Saturday was wet and without motor vehicle transport, so I spent a few hours in the shed pottering around. One of the tasks that I haven't had time to do got a guernsey, namely starting on putting some of the 'OO' scale storage trays that I bought from the Club about 18 months ago together. I had bought 10 flat packs and managed to put three together. This might be enough at the moment to get store my current stock, but I will have to check. I still have to get the foam inserts from the Club and paint the trays.
As for the Terrace Houses, not a thing was done through the week.
This coming Saturday is Club Monthly Meeting day and i might be forced to trundle down on the treadley again as the car is in the panel beaters following another rear-ender! Hopefully this meeting votes on the acceptance of the proposed modelling competition categories and rules.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment