Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pi restarted

This week I put some time into re-familiarising myself with the Raspberry Pi as it has been since December last year since I have potted around with it. I downloaded the latest Raspbian image and put it onto a separate SD card. This is the beauty of this system. The whole operating system and applications are all stored on a single SD card! You want to try a different OS, then just copy it onto another SD card, give it a go and you can always revert to an early or different version by exchanging the SD cards.

Well I tried the latest version and it still doesn't appear to be working exactly like I had hoped. I'm thinking of trying another OS version from a different mob to see if it is better or not.

No modelling this week, however today we went across to Hobbyrama for Lachlan to spend some of his birthday money. Over Easter I introduced him to aircraft modelling to do something different and to start small and easy and work up to more complicated modelling kits, hopefully with a view to railway modelling. So I bought him one of the classics, an Airfix Spitfire kit. He did pretty well with a little help from me. He started painting it this weekend. He then went a bought himself a Soviet WW2 tank over the holidays. And today he bought a Jaguar model car! Very diverse collection so far!

So while I was there, I went around to the railway modelling section and bought a Dapol Country Inn (ie pub) kit to put on the layout beside the shop.

So this upcoming week might be more Pi and start either the pub or yard sheds kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment