This week I motored along with the Pi. Using the most recent Raspbian OS image, along with some additional packages I chanced upon via research, I was able to get the Dlink DWA-125 wifi adaptor to become a access point and transmit a static address. Woo hoo!
Problem was for some reason the other wifi adaptor which was configured for the Internet dropped out. Hmmm. I would like both to be working but not a big issue as the main outcome is to have the Pi transmitting IP addresses so that hopefully when JMRI's WiThrottle is turned on, it will be able to connect to smartphone/tablet throttles. Having an internet connection would be nice for operating system and application package updating but I could get around this via ethernet connectivity to a laptop or tether a mobile phone to the Pi on those infrequent times when updating might be required.
So half the battle won. Now this week I will look at UDEV rules to lock in specific devices to specific Linux interfaces. The point of this is to allow for say the DLink modem to be always assigned wlan1 say. Then in a similar fashion the NCE USB and MERG USB modules to be assigned specific interfaces.
If I get this working, I will look at installing JMRI and see if the predefined interface for the Dlink modem comes up, and then see if JMRI's WiThrottle starts and broadcasts addresses for wifi connectivity.
As for modelling, just taking small break while I have the enthusiasm to persist with the Pi.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment