This week has been a bit of a mixed bag. At night usually for an hour before Le Tour coverage begins, I have been sanity checking my How to document against a new SD card install for the Pi and finding some improvements along the way as well as some troublesome issues. One of these being the Ethernet connection to the PC. I think I might have to try and see of via the laptop is any better or a problem with the Pi distro.
Monday I was walking past Aurora Trains in town during lunch not expecting them to be open on Monday, when they were. Stocktaking but also allowing sales. As I wasn't expecting to be in town most of the week, I purchased a couple of Bachmann 00 scale wagons for the sons to give me as birthday presents for me this weekend. I also couldn't go past a SDS Models HO scale 10000 gallon Tulloch (NSW) fuel tanker in Golden Fleece livery. 1960s era but looks really nice. I showed PK and he was impressed so much he purchased the Total fuel livery version on Friday!
The Auscision 73 class arrived on Monday as well. Now researching the various options for chipping it (motor only or sound, not sure as yet!)
Saturday was a running arvo at Mr Mackie's. Enjoyable but a few hiccups as usual.
Today was my birthday so I spent the majority of the day up at the In-laws for a BBQ lunch and drinkies. Damn my father-in-law and his very drinkable scotch whiskey (Glenlivet)! It was so very smooth! (I don't think the nip sizes were standard size!).
This week I hope to sort out the issue with the Pi so I can move along with this. More watching Le Tour and playing a little game I do called 'spot the train'. So far a high speed intercity, a regional passenger, and a freight train pulled by electric engine.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment