On Sunday morning just gone, I and thirty other guys had the pleasure of listening to a presentation by Davy Dick. Davy is a very prolific electronics designer, forum contributor, and presenter from MERG (Model Electronics Railway Group) in the UK. Davy is from the West of Scotland Area Group and was out here on holidays at the Sunshine Coast. One of the Brisbane MERG members was able to coax him down to Brisbane for a few hours to meet other MERG members and present a talk on train detection methods.
He then stayed around to give advice to the meeting on how best to setup a MERG Area Group in South East Queensland (SEQ). He was a very nice guy to talk to, his accent was not that bad. I even offered him a Scotch Finger biscuit at morning tea, but with a confused look on his face, he politely declined. I had to smirk!
This week I am concentrating on trying to get the Edimax wifi dongle (micro type) working on the Pi, and if I have time perhaps put together one of the many building kits I have stored away, just for something different to do.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment