Well not much happened modelling wise over the weekend. Other things got in the way! Also still no closer to getting my hobby table back into the hobby/rumpus room as the missus was busy entertaining kids last week during the school holidays and didn't get any time to finish the painting in that room.
The afternoon of Good Friday though I took Matthew down to the Club so that (a) he was out of Mum's hair, (b) he could run some of his DC trains, and (c) I could test the Pi on the new layout by taking all my bits and bobs down and hopefully not be disturbed by other members. The Club was empty so full steam ahead! After what seemed ages getting Matthew's DC trains running on the old permanent layout which seems to have missed a bit of cleaning of late (members are running on the DCC new layout at the moment!), I was able to connect up the Pi. Within a couple of minutes the Pi was broadcasting it's wifi IP address and once connected to my smartphone, Engine Driver app was able to see JMRI being broadcasted as well. Connection made. I was then able to run a NSWGR 44 with some wagons effortlessly around the layout. Sure was good not to be tethered via the NCE throttle. Even Matthew was able to walk around and follow the train, blasting away on the horn!
I'm now researching what size motion decoders to put in the Bachmann Class 08 and Dapol Sentinel shunters that I bought last year. I don't think I will do sound on these as not much space in them.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment