Unfortunately the missus decided that the hobby (now rumpus as well) room needed to be further freshened up after the recent painting so she has been busy painting trims and doors which I thank her for, but the hobby table has had to stay in the shed to give her room to do her painting. She is hoping to have this finished by the Easter weekend, so maybe I can move back in then.
My old PC which has all the PIC programming applications on runs on XP so I am currently reluctant to connect it to the internet to do any app upgrades etc before moving onto Mr Mackie's project. I could still do this in isolation but if I need to go out into the big wide world it might be an issue now that XP is no longer supported by Microsoft. Decisions, decisions..
The Club layout is now operational on DCC with a number of NCE UTP panels about the layout so that it can be shared. I took the VR Walker railmotor down for a spin and it was a bit stuttery (is there such a word? Is now!). At first I though it might have been dirty tracks and dirty wheels. The track was cleaned and I cleaned the main traction wheels, as the end bogies are purely for pickup purposes. But it was still stuttery. So maybe a good clean all round and check the gears for any rubbish or greasing issues was suggested by another member. Hopefully I didn't pickup any loose ballast as it was later discovered the stuff was magnetic.
Apart from that, just idling along.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment