Sunday, October 3, 2010

There's always next year!

Well the SAINTS were slaughtered by the PIES on Saturday arvo! Not a very pleasant sight. I only got two stubbies in before I was convinced that there was no turning back from the Collingwood onslaught. Well I still kept the so called game on as background noise while I turned to some modelling. The baby and the missus were having a kip and it was only Lachlan and me looking for something to do. As it was raining at the time, I thought some modelling was the go. I took delivery from PK down at the club my recent MB Klein (USA) orders which comprised a swag of Bachmann kit buildings. I chose something I thought might be simple for Lachlan to start with, Farm Buildings. These kits are apparently 'easy build' without glue, but I don't know about that! Yes most of the buildings could be snapped together but without some help from a bead of Styrene glue, they would fall apart. However Lachlan enjoyed putting them together and I helped with the glue. You can see these on my link to Beaver Springs.

My week was very productive on the station to be located at Kensington Hill. I think it looks quite good. I now have to do the platform and fencing to have the whole scene. I am in two minds as to whether install lighting into the station building or not.

I also this afternoon spent some time on grassing Kensington Hill with the use of PK's Noch GrasMaster (or whatever it is called). The results are starting to convince me to use it a bit more around the place.

Station front



Station front and side


Station rear


Station rear and side



















Hill front

Hill top view of mound and terraces



Hill terrace close up



Hill mound close up

1 comment:

  1. Greg, the grass work is impressive, does PK rent out the Grassinator by the hour??? The scenery is coming along really well, Geoff.
    ps. let's not speak about football till next season, I just can't stand a boasting 'Pies fan! Well in truth they don't even need to be boasting!

    ReplyDelete