Well the previous weekend and on the Monday the heavens opened up. Out my way we seemed to get quite a deluge. Normally my shed is pretty good with not letting rain in, except for under the tilt doors but the roof is pretty reliable. However the shear amount of rain and the swirling winds found a way in. Monday arvo I checked the shed upon getting home from work and found some leaks. They seemed to have gone through some of the roof sheeting screw bolts' holes, onto the rafters and dripped onto the floor in various locations. Lachlan's layout Beaver Springs copped a few drips towards the edge, but nothing that can't be fixed.
The earliest I could get to fixing these leaks was Saturday arvo just gone. It appears some of the sealing rubbers finally perished in the heat of last Summer and the rain found its way in through these. While on the roof, I checked the rest of the screws and if it looked dodgy silicone was liberally applied. As the long range forecast is for lots more rain over this Summer best to bog these up now when I can actually get on the roof and its not a furnace. Thus it wasn't a big weekend in the shed for modelling.
However through the week just gone, I was able to get out to the shed on Tuesday night (my version of Tuesday Nighters!) and complete the grassing of Kensington Hill. Looking good. I will get a photo or three up when I have done some more scenicing. Also I finished building my station platform and now just adding the Scalescenes paper effects to it. I have also decided to put a light or two into the station building itself so I will have to provision the access and wiring for this. As for the platform lights, I am seeing what I can do with these as well. A few photos of the station progress next time.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment