This week has been as absolute mongrel! Busy most nights with various things (P&F, etc) or just plain buggered from the day's work, so no chance to look at the electronics' problems on the layout. I was however able to upload the How-To on my static grass applicator (see previous post). Tonight I had an email from Ray Pilgrim of Bylong fame querying the design as mine looks very similar to his that he made a number of years ago. Hand on heart I hadn't seen his. Great minds as they say! At least someone has noticed it.
On a tangent away from the trains the rest of the weekend went from bad to worst. To bring everybody into the picture over Easter I managed to jacknife a trailer with my new garden shed pieces into the back of the car, basically writing off the boot lid. The car goes into the panel beaters this week. To make room in our garage for the in-laws car that we are borrowing the missus moved a bit of stuff into the Big Shed where the layouts are. With the stuff from the old garden shed which was pulled down over Easter and the garage stuff there isn't much room left! I have to get the garden shed up ASAP. So Saturday I spent getting the old slab ready and doing some maintenance (sorting out rust, silicone up some screw holes. etc) on the Big Shed that wasn't apparent as the old garden shed was right up against it previously. Late in the arvo the missus comes out with bad news. The clothes washer had packed it in. Bugger! Sunday was spent shopping around for a replacement.
So just as a depleted uranium artillery shell can go through armour, so quite a bit of bad luck can deplete the spare dollars for spending on the layout and trains. It is shaping up to be a very lean year in this respect!
Lord knows what this week will bring! Hopefully some good news with the electronics if I can get into the shed!
Club arvo this Saturday which I look forward to. Also unless something happens in the meantime I will be going to one of Mr Mackie's running sessions on the 21st.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

Greg,
ReplyDeleteWashing machine! Gee these women of the current time period get it easy. Why can't she hand wash for a couple of years, like the women of yesteryear, while she saves up for a new one? That money is best spent on a new Loco.
Craig
P.S. Don't show your wife this!