This week I have been rethinking the operation of the signals on the Kensington Hill side of Illavearf. My original design was to operate them independently of the points directly from the control panel. With the current financial restrictions in place on spending a rethink was necessary in order to conserve minipanel inputs to control the whole of Illavearf when the Bray MPD side comes on line. Now that the MRC decoders issue has been sorted out, using these only uses one minipanel input command line per accessory decoder. This leaves three free to use. So this week I have decided to operate the signals via the point controls with a form of interlocking used. If I wanted to override the mini-panel controlled aspects (green or red) I can directly control the signal via the ACCY button on the handset. An example would be if a signal is interlocked as red and I know that the road ahead is clear (say only one train running) I can directly set the signal to green via the ACCY button. So this free's up four mini-panel inputs. I will have to remove the control panel switch and just provide a label of each signal's accessory number for reference. As for the street and platform lighting, I will do something similar whereby these will be controlled directly from the handset rather than from control panel switches in order to conserve mini-panel input slots. Just the accessory numbers will be referenced on the control panel. The thinking behind this decision was that I probably won't be turning on the lighting that often.
Now that I have sorted this out I can redo the control panel. I wonder if I will have time this week?
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment