This week I was able to complete the "shingle rooves" of the terraces. The "shingles" being the individual paper strips overlayed on the previous row. Very tedious but good looking. I didn't get around to actually gluing the rooves into place but a job for this week along with the ridge capping.
Yesterday afternoon I was staring at the layout out in the shed (I had the tilt-a-door up) from the kitchen window and something that has been bothering me about how to muck around with the NCE system's connection to the Raspberry Pi dawned on me. There right in front of me was the answer. The separate programming track. A length of track on an MDF strip. I could move this into the study. I'm pretty sure it isn't needed but just in case the SB3a command station needs some sort of feedback, I can connect it to the programming track, remove the NCE USB module from the layout and bring it inside as well and connect it to the SB3a via the flat bus cable. I can then connect it to the Pi and start working out the UDEV rules so that JMRI can recognise the USB port. So maybe something different to do one night this week.
The wifi dongle issue on the Pi is still slowly being worked out by the online community.
This afternoon I spent a bit of time mentoring Lachlan about how to ballast his diorama. Starting to look good.
So this week a couple of things on offer, the terraces and the Pi.
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment