Well after a dry run on an old piece of kit with the DCC Concepts weathering powders, I took the plunge and went ahead weathering 4464. For a first attempt, I think I did fairly well. Possibly a tad heavy handed around the bogie frames, but hopefully some feedback might improve things for future weathering projects. As for the club competition on the weekend, I submitted 4464 in all its splendour. I know I voted for it but have no idea whether anyone else did. Even my son Lachlan voted for another model. Well done to John Kennedy who received my son's vote along with the majority of members to win Most Popular. Also congrats to Daniel Bella and Tony Caston. Truth be known, I was considering voting for Tony's Southern (UK) steam loco but thought I best vote for myself just to know at least someone voted for 4464! Last week I also ordered a Trainorama Class 44 (4494) loco as my Xmas gift from the missus (mostly paid by myself!). Some photos of weathered 4464 below.








No comments:
Post a Comment