Well I have been busy since the last post, mainly with the annual Christmas rush, both before and on the day. The closest I got to my new Class 44 on Christmas Day was when I unwrapped it! Boxing Day was spent on totally un-railway related purchases, but I have a very nice Panasonic 250GB HDD, dual HD decoder DVD recorder (what a mouthful!) now thanks to my credit card loyalty points! I took my son Lachlan down to the club on Wednesday morning, as well as the recent purchases. I accomplished a number of things whilst at the club. I ran some of my British steamies (I had the HO layout to myself for close on an hour - whoo hoo!). Lachlan ran his N scale US diesel freight train. I finished getting my decoders' settings via the club's Decoder Pro/SPROG 2 setup. And finally got 4494 out of its Trainorama box and dropped in a NCE D14SR decoder. It tested OK straight up. I will eventually replace this with a sound decoder once I have saved up the requisite lucre. I then got its decoder settings from Decoder Pro. A busy but enjoyable morning.
The only thing that I didn't get around to was actually opening up my Auscision CQBY CFCLA container wagon pack!! Hopefully before the end of my holidays!
Now the next big decision. What will the new year's resolution be?
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment