Last week (Thursday I think), the Trainorama Class 44 model '4494' arrived. What a fine looking model. On Sunday I took it for a spin on DC around Illavearf just to make sure there were no problems before the missus wrapped it up to place under the tree. It ran very well. A couple of things though that I thought could have improved the model were a switch to turn the lights off under DC, and the possible lighting up of the marker lights. These are not show stoppers however under DCC. And depending on the room available in the shell the marker lights might be able to be lit via fibre optics. If no room, no bother as it is still a finely modelled engine. Now I just have to wait for the Loksound Select decoders to come into Oz so that I can have sound.
This morning I took delivery of the Auscision CFCLA CQBY container wagons from Mr Mackie. VERY nice detailing. Now my Auscision CFCLA EL51 has something to pull around!
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment