Sorry I haven't posted anything recently. I thought I might have some interesting musings about a planned visit to Mr Mackie's last Tuesday night but the plans fell through. The kiddlywinks were being feral throughout the day and both the missus and I were mentally exhausted by the time the kids were finally put down - I mean put to bed, not what I was thinking at various times during the day! So no observations first hand of the recent developments on the Cassino layout. I was able to get to the club Wednesday morning for a couple of hours and PK mentioned that I hadn't missed much as it was a gab fest rather than a running night! Now the truth is coming out ;-)
As per this posting's title, I was able to finally get around to starting my New Year's resolution, namely spending more time on my layout. Yesterday arvo I started with the tunnel mouth on Kensington Hill. I am thinking of using a combination of balsa sheet and Scalescenes' Tunnel Portal to provide a little more rigidity than card as the tunnel mouth is a tad large as it is two tracks curving within the 'hill' with a curved point just inside the tunnel mouth. I know it isn't probably prototypical but hey it is my layout! So hopefully this week I can spend some time getting the Scalescenes' design onto the balsa sheet and customising as required before siting it at the base of Kensington Hill prior to finalising the scenicking of the Hill. Next step after this is probably the station platform. My son Lachlan is eager to get some trees on the Hill as it is looking very barren, so possibly some quality time with him making trees! However it won't be anywhere near the 647 trees that Mr Mackie needs to make for just the Border Loop area of his layout!
This Week's Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment