Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kensington Hill starting to take shape

This week work continued on the station and platform by including the fencing. I had to do some scratch-building of the fence towards the end of the ramp as the Ratio ramp fence was not long enough. a bit dodgy but beats paying for another set of fences! I am researching the platform lighting options on the Internet at the moment so work will probably slow down a bit on the station. I also have to make the station name boards and the entry stairs from the road side.

I also did some more work on the farm by making some tractor tracks through the new grass growth of Spring. Just for a bit of a laugh I have incorporated a scene between the farmer and farm hand. Old Granny Smith, the farmer's mother, has come along for a drive in the land rover. Yet to do on the farm is the boundary fencing and placement of the sheep.

I have also provided a photo of the previously mentioned EPBs.

The EPBs

Kensington Hill Station 1

Kensington Hill Station 2

Kensington Hill Station 3

Kensington Hill Station 4

Kensington Hill Station 5

Granny Smith goes for a drive

Discussion 1

Discussion 2

Discussion 3

Tracks 1

Tracks 2


Kensington Hill farm taking shape


2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg,

    That grass sure looks good - how did you get the tracks in it? ALso, you using pure white glue for the grass?

    regards,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. PK,

    To make the tracks was fairly easy. The Hill had a base coat of dark brown acrylic paint. So after adding the static grass and letting the glue dry, I followed the tractor's rear wheels with a flat blade screwdriver of approximately if not slightly bigger width. This scrapped the grass fibres loose (put aside to be reused) leaving the brown to simulate dirt/mud.

    The gluw was how you suggested when I borrowed the Gras Master, at 50% PVA to water. Good quality PVA used.

    Thanks for the positive comment.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete