Sunday, October 16, 2011

Kensington Hills receives its first signals

Tuesday evening I was able to find some spare time in the shed. What to do, what to do? Signals!

So I started installing the Eckon signals I made back in July and August. First one in was KH4, the feathered two aspect signal at the ramp end of Kensington Hill station just before the tunnel mouth. The second one for the night was KH3 which is the two aspect signal guarding the point out of the engine stable siding. I initially installed it to close to the point curve and when I did a test run through with a couple of wagons, it bumped into them. So I had to position it further down the siding straight (about 5 cm). All good now. I didn't have a chance to wire up the extension cables to the MRC 4-way accessory decoder/s so this will be a job for another time. Two signals yet to be installed (KH1 and KH2).

I also took the opportunity in gluing down the red phone box and the street light near it.

The weekly phone call to Austral on Saturday morning came up empty. They are hoping for some stock to arrive through the week but couldn't say what would be in the delivery.

Saturday afternoon about 4pm a clanger of a hail storm came racing through. Golf ball sized stones were crashing into everything like gunfire! I can't remember when I last saw hail that size. The boys thought it was great. Mum and myself were worried about windows being broken though. It lasted about 5-10 minutes and no damage to either the house or the Shed (as far as I could tell). Nothing happened today as I was busy with yard chores.

Nothing going to happen through the week this week but maybe something special on Sunday. Stay tuned!

1 comment: