Sunday, October 23, 2011

Trip to the southside for a running day on Cassino

The day I have been waiting for all week while I have been on leave finally arrived. Today. After a busy morning attending to a vet's appointment for the dog, I got in the car and drove the 50 minutes or so south to Mr Mackie's humble abode for the much anticipated running day (afternoon!) on his layout, Cassino (link in blog's on the right).

A good crew turned up and plenty of laughs eventuated due to the timetable going out the window and a best effort run occurring. The headsets for communicating with Control operated fairly well apart from a few hiccups easily fixed. After a few hours I had to leave the others to head back home and spend some time with the boys. I get home and the missus says "I wasn't expecting to see you until 5:30". Damn! I could have spent another 45 minutes at Craig's!

I have some photos of the afternoon that I have to convert to a lower resolution and hopefully a video off the spycam, but I will have to check these tomorrow and upload if OK.

Lachlan wanted me to do something on his layout, so off to the shed we went. I glued a lady figurine down onto the church footpath, coming out of the gate. I also cut down some styrene to glue the village shop onto so that it had some pavement out front. Then it was time to play with the boys in the yard for half an hour or so.

So thanks Craig for an entertaining afternoon, sans children!

No comments:

Post a Comment